The government imposed stricter confinement measures in a bid to halt the spread of the coronavirus. Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez announced on Saturday the halt of all non-essential activities starting on Monday March 30, until Thursday April 9, both inclusive.
Find here examples of activities that are not affected by the general prohibition to work and the answer to some questions.
What is an essential activity?
Essential services are those necessary for the maintenance of basic social functions or the efficient working of public administrations.
The new measures allow for the operations of all companies performing an essential function and those that supply products and services to these.
Does the measures affect home working?
NO. In cases where employees can work from home, they should continue to do so.
What happens to employees?
The employees will continue to be paid as normal by their companies. When the emergency is over, they will work the hours they missed on a gradual basis.
Examples of Essential Services.
- Supermarkets, grocery and first need shops such as pharmacy, clinics and petrol stations , transport of goods
- Pet food sellers and vets.
- Companies taking part in the supply chain to supermarkets and first need shops; production of food, drinks, etc..
- Food-delivery businesses.
- Transport companies, both of people and goods.
- Banks and insurance companies.
- IT and telecommunications vendors
- Notaries, Registries, Lawyers, Legal advisers, solicitors, in urgent matters.
- Companies offering services of cleaning, maintenance, repairs, collection of hazardous waste in urgent matters.
- Online shops and courier companies that deliver the items purchased online.
Find more information on this document stating a number of activities and their corresponding restrictions.