Tradicional work concept has changed for many. The necessity of home based work during this pandemia has led to what seems to be the next logical step for many people: Why not living and working remotely from anywhere you choose?
Where would you go if you could work from anywhere?
These are known as digital nomads. They work, communicate, connect with others and earn their incomes thought the internet. And this being the case, what prevent them from living in fantastic cities, enjoying their own time after work? You can find them in Barcelona, Malaga, Valencia,…or in a remote village in La Alpujarra or Mallorca.
Spain has become a most-wanted destination to live and work remotely because of its many attractive features.
- Work/Life balance.
Spain’s social culture along with long hours of daylight foster the enjoyment of life after work and social interactions.
- Affordable cost of living
Not being the cheapest country in Europe, it does offer a high quality of life for an affordable amount.
- Great Weather.
Working sitting in the terrance of a coffee-shop while contemplating the seashore is a reality for digital nomads along the Spanish coasts that can be enjoyed during the major part of the year.
- Fantastic food.
No need to comment on this one …
With these perspectives, the real challenge is choosing where to live!
How to become a digital nomad?
There are essentially three profiles of digital nomads
This is someone who sells his/her services. Of course these would need to be delivered online in order to free yourself from a physical location.
There are dozens of online platforms that get clients in touch with freelancer of all types.
Some of the best online platform to find remote work:
- Freelancer http://www.freelancer.com
- Trabajando Freelance: http://www.trabajofreelance.com
- Workana: http://www.workana.es/jobs
- com: https://remote.com/
- Upwork: https://www.upwork.com
- Fiverr https://www.fiverr.com/
- Vivilia: http://vivilia.com/es
- Malt (antes hopwork) https://www.malt.es
- People Per Hour: http://www.peopleperhour/com/freelancers
- Twago: https://www.twago.com
- Geniuzz http://www.geniuzz.com
- Lance Talent: https://lancetalent.com
- Working Nomads: https://www.workingnomads.co/jobs
- Get on Board: https://www.getonbrd.com
- Remote ok: https://remoteok.io
- Outsourcely: https://www.outsourcely.com
- Skip the Drive: https://www.skipthedrive.com
- Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com
- We work remotely: https://weworkremotely.com
- Flex Jobs: https://www.flexjobs.com
- Virtual Vocations: https://www.virtualvocations.com
- Guru: https://www.guru.com
- Workew (nuevo): https://workew.com/
AS mentioned in the outset, many employees ( and employers) have realized that work can be effectively done from home. This might require a shift in focus for both; no longer measuring productivity in terms of hours but rather by achieving milestones in a project.
After testing the method for a while and checking that it is satisfactory for both the worker and the employer, many have asked to continue using their services from another country. They become an external consultant to their former employer.
Now they can enjoy the freedom of a digital nomad with a fix salary each month!
2. Digital entrepreneur
The type of business suitable for this category may be :
Sale of an info product.
Ebooks, blogs, coaching videos, etc… these products can be consumed everywhere.
E-commerce with Dropshipping
In this case the business does sell physical items, however the business merely acts as an intermediate between manufacturer and final client. It is the wholesaler the one who keeps the stock and delivers the items.For this reason, this business model requires little investment.
The greatest challenge of having a bigger business structure, in many cases, is not the actually mechanics of the business, but the efficient communication with your own team. ( employees & consultants)
Not having your staff in the same building requires more than buying equipment for remote working. It does require a whole change in the work philosophy.